The Community Foundation offers a number of ways to support your community and create a legacy. No matter your age, background, or areas of interest, CFNLA is here to help you achieve your goal of a more vibrant North Louisiana.
Become a Member
Our members sustain the work of the Community Foundation. In turn, CFNLA supports our community by:
- Facilitating more than 1,000 grants each year to nonprofit organizations through the competitive grant cycle, donor advised grants, agency endowments, and more.
- Providing emergency aide to our region during times of need.
- Hosting multiple educational events throughout the year to educate members and the community about issues affecting our area.
- Publishing Community Counts, our annual report card of the quality of life in Shreveport-Bossier, Ruston, Monroe, and Natchitoches.
- Hosting Give For Good, a 24-hour online giving day that raised over $1.9 million for area nonprofits in May 2020.
Memberships directly support the ongoing work of CFNLA and are critical to our mission of strengthening community through philanthropy. Benefits of being a member include receiving the latest news and updates from the Foundation through our quarterly print newsletters and monthly e-newsletters; invitations to CFNLA events; and the knowledge that you are contributing to the sustainability of the Community Foundation, the nonprofits we support, and our entire community
Create a Fund
Creating a fund at the Community Foundation allows you and your family to continue supporting the causes you love while simplifying your annual giving. Setting up a fund can easily be done in a day, but the impact will last for generations. There are many benefits to becoming a fundholder at CFNLA:
- The Foundation takes care of all the administrative work, including financial statements, investments, issuing grants, and verifying a nonprofit’s charitable status.
- Contribute to your fund anytime, receiving an immediate tax benefit, while maintaining the ability to recommend grants over time.
- CFNLA staff has community and philanthropic expertise to help you make the most of your grantmaking and connect you with the causes you care about.
- Fundholders can now choose to manage their fund entirely online with our new Donor Portal.
Join the Legacy Society
Make your mark on the future with a gift that will benefit generations to come. Legacy Society members impact the future with a bequest or a deferred or endowed gift to the Community Foundation. A legacy gift is more than a donation, it provides a vehicle to respond to changing needs of the causes you care about most. Working through the Community Foundation takes the worry out of giving. You know we’ll be here to manage your gift, ensuring that it remains a source of joy, opportunity, and support for generations to come.
Whether you are a novice or longtime philanthropist, there are many ways to partner with the Community Foundation. We are here to help you achieve your vision for a greater community now and forever. We are, as always, Here for Good.