Community Foundation of North Louisiana has announced the third round of grants from the COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund that was established on March 16, 2020. This brings the total amount granted from the Fund to $141,700. The third round grants, totaling $46,700, are as follows:
- Bernstein Development, Inc. for PPE for Camp Bernstein Summer Reading and STEM Program – $1,200
- David Raines Community Health Centers for PPE for school-based health clinics – $17,000
- Martin Luther King Community Development Corporation for PPE for neighborhood seniors and low-income individuals – $2,500
- One Hundred Men of Shreveport – $10,000
- Shreveport Green for Mobile Market Doorstep Delivery – $6,000
- The Salvation Army of Shreveport for Boys and Girls Club COVID-related expenses – $10,000
On April 1st the Community Foundation announced the first round of funding of $43,000. The second round of grantees was announced April 23rd, totaling $52,000. In order to respond to the rapidly changing needs of our community as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Community Foundation is providing both funding and information to North Louisiana nonprofits. Recognizing that Shreveport-Bossier needs will continue to grow and change over the coming months, the Community Foundation continues to work with local officials and other funders to create solutions for our community’s long-term recovery.
The COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund is made possible by generous donations from community members and area businesses. If you would like to make a contribution to the Fund please donate online at cfnla.org/covid19 or contact the Community Foundation at email@example.com or 318-221-0582.