Community Foundation of North Louisiana has announced the second round of grants from the COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund that was established on March 16, 2020. This brings the total amount granted from the Fund to $95,000. The second round grants, totaling $52,000, are as follows:
- Caddo Council on Aging for Meals on Wheels – $18,000
- David Raines Community Health Centers for Ayuda Corona – $10,000
- LifeShare Blood Center for Convalescent Plasma for COVID-19 Patients – $15,000
- Volunteers for Youth Justice for VYJ COVID-19 Response Task Force – $7,000
- Woody’s Home Inc. for Food and Cleaning Supplies – $2,000
On April 1st the Community Foundation announced the first round of funding of $43,000. In order to respond to the rapidly changing needs of our community as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Community Foundation is providing both funding and information to North Louisiana nonprofits. Recognizing that Shreveport-Bossier needs will continue to grow and change over the coming weeks and months, the Community Foundation continues to work with local officials and other funders to create solutions for our community’s long-term recovery.
The COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund is made possible by generous donations from community members and area businesses. If you would like to make a contribution to the Fund please donate online at cfnla.org/covid19 or contact the Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-221-0582.
- Step Forward recruiting Caddo Parish youth for its Teen Advisory Committee (TAC)
- ‘TIS THE SEASON FOR CHARITABLE GIVING
- CFNLA awards $50,000 grant to LSUS Institute for Nonprofit Administration and Research
- Quality Early Childhood Education is the Key to Advancing North Louisiana
- Shreveport Ideas Festival