What is the Teen Advisory Committee?
Step Forward’s Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) is a regional, student-led group that will help improve local policy decision-making and programming that impacts teens and young adults in North Louisiana. TAC delegates serve a one-year term. Membership provides a valuable opportunity for teens to participate in the democratic process, interact with city leaders, and impact important decisions. TAC meetings are held virtually and in-person.
- Attend monthly committee meetings first Wednesday of every other month at 5:00 PM
- Actively participate in all meetings and projects
- Advise on matters pertaining to regional youth in North Louisiana (Caddo & Bossier Parish)
- Recommend community programs and activities for teens
TAC candidates are subject to grade point average (GPA), residency, and age requirements. Candidates must:
- Have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Attend a school in Caddo or Bossier Parish
- Be between the ages of 14 to 18 or in the 9th through 12th grade at the time of application
- Submit a completed TAC application with two letters of recommendation from two adults and a current transcript