What is the Teen Advisory Committee?
Step Forward’s Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) is a regional, student-led group that will help improve local policy decision-making and programming that impacts teens and young adults in North Louisiana. TAC delegates serve a one-year term. Membership provides a valuable opportunity for teens to participate in the democratic process, interact with city leaders, and impact important decisions. TAC meetings are held virtually and in-person.
- Attend monthly committee meetings first Wednesday of every other month at 5:00 PM
- Actively participate in all meetings and projects
- Advise on matters pertaining to regional youth in North Louisiana (Caddo & Bossier Parish)
- Recommend community programs and activities for teens
TAC candidates are subject to grade point average (GPA), residency, and age requirements. Candidates must:
- Have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Attend a school in Caddo or Bossier Parish
- Be between the ages of 14 to 18 or in the 9th through 12th grade at the time of application
- Submit a completed TAC application with two letters of recommendation from two adults and a current transcript
How to Apply
Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) candidates must complete and submit all required sections of the online application by February 1, 2021. Please follow these steps to complete an application:
- Click on the “Apply Now” link below. This will take you to the CFNLA Scholarship Portal.
- Create a new account by following the instructions on the login page.
- Once logged in, scroll to the TAC application and click “Apply.”
- After completing your application, click “Submit.”
- Two letters of recommendations from two adults are required. Letters may be emailed directly to Debbie White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*TAC delegates are appointed by a selection committee. Applicants will be notified by email of the selection committee’s decision by February 8, 2021.