The Women’s Philanthropy Network (WPN), a fund of the Community Foundation of North Louisiana, is seeking applications from programs with clearly defined outcomes that address school readiness and/or student achievement, including but not limited, to literacy services, behavioral health, or other wrap-around services. Applicants should utilize evidence-based best practices and have a track record of success.
Preference will be given to innovative programs that serve children from birth to 12th grade, that address the needs of under-served populations, and that demonstrate collaboration with other nonprofits, faith-based organizations, business entities, and/or government. Preference will be given to groups that can leverage matching funds on the federal, state, or local level. The WPN plans to award one large grant in the range of $50,000 – $100,000.
- Applicant must be a 501c3 organization or a unit of government which provides charitable functions related to education.
- Applicant must file an annual Form 990 with the IRS, if required by law.
- The proposed project must serve individuals in Caddo Parish.
- Applicant must have conducted an independent audit within the last three years. Non-audited organizations may apply only through the use of a fiscal sponsor or fiscal agent who has been audited in the last three years and meets all other eligibility criteria.
- Programs may receive funding for two consecutive years only.
In addition, the WPN plans to award two small grants of up to $9,000 each. The focus and eligibility of the small grants are the same as listed above, with the exception that a financial compilation will be accepted in lieu of an audit.
The deadline to apply is January 31 at 4:00 PM. Contact Liz LaBorde, Chief Grants Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.