Give For Good, powered by the Community Foundation, is an annual online day of giving that raises unrestricted dollars for North Louisiana nonprofits. On May 7th, more than $1.8 million was raised for 223 organizations, bringing Give For Good’s total to over $10 million since it began in 2014.
In addition to the funds they raised, participating organizations will also receive a portion of the Lagniappe Fund, which offers more than $238,000 in bonus funds awarded on a pro rata basis. The Lagniappe Fund includes $27,000 in prizes, which organizations can earn in a variety of ways. Some notable prizes are the Rush Hour Prize for the most donations between 5:00 and 6:00pm, the 1961 Prize for the 1961st transaction in honor of the Foundation’s founding year, and Golden Tickets, which are drawn at random.
To see all of the results, go to giveforgoodnla.org/leaderboard. Please also join us for the Give For Good Celebration on June 5th, 5:00-7:00pm at Great Raft Brewing. We will be awarding the final prizes, celebrating with donors and nonprofits, and Great Raft will donate $1 of each pint sold to the 2020 Lagniappe Fund. We hope to see you there!
- Step Forward recruiting Caddo Parish youth for its Teen Advisory Committee (TAC)
- ‘TIS THE SEASON FOR CHARITABLE GIVING
- CFNLA awards $50,000 grant to LSUS Institute for Nonprofit Administration and Research
- Quality Early Childhood Education is the Key to Advancing North Louisiana
- Shreveport Ideas Festival