In this season of gratitude, we pause to reflect on the things for which we are most grateful. It is a time to acknowledge the goodness in our lives, our community, and to connect to something larger than ourselves.
At CFNLA, we are often reminded that despite the many needs of our community, we are surrounded by compassionate and generous people. Every day, we get to join forces with a dedicated Board of Directors, thoughtful donors, a caring network of nonprofit partners, and invested community leaders to make North Louisiana a better place to live, now and in the future.
Did you know in 2021 Community Foundation reached the milestone of $100 million in total grants funded since inception? Reaching this milestone was only possible with the support from our philanthropic partners who share the same vision, hope, and belief in our community. Since 1961, CFNLA’s mission has remained the same: “to strengthen our community through philanthropy.” Whether you’ve been here from the beginning or are a new member, your support is vital to our work.
Without you, CFNLA would not have:
- Awarded over $3 million in Competitive Grants to local nonprofits that provide assistance and opportunity to people throughout our community;
- Raised $1 million to secure a $1 million state match to ensure more children in Caddo Parish have access to quality early childhood education;
- Raised a record $2.3 million for North Louisiana nonprofits during Give for Good – 2021, a communitywide giving day.
In this season, we are thankful for your dedication to strengthening our community. Whether you are a volunteer, nonprofit partner, or have been a longstanding community donor, we recognize and are grateful for your place at the table. Together, we will continue creating a better and brighter community. We are, as always, Here for Good.
Featured photo courtesy of Neil Johnson Photography
- Step Forward recruiting Caddo Parish youth for its Teen Advisory Committee (TAC)
- ‘TIS THE SEASON FOR CHARITABLE GIVING
- CFNLA awards $50,000 grant to LSUS Institute for Nonprofit Administration and Research
- Quality Early Childhood Education is the Key to Advancing North Louisiana
- Shreveport Ideas Festival