Do you wish there was a place that you could learn more about the diverse needs facing Shreveport-Bossier, which groups are addressing those needs, how programs are funded, and how you can help? Enter the Community Foundation. Since 1961, CFNLA has been the intersection of community issues, nonprofit organizations, and local philanthropists. Donors know an endowed donation to CFNLA can serve the community for generations. This is because we study data and trends to assess the most pressing regional issues, then make grants to nonprofits that directly address those needs.
Don’t have time to join another club? Don’t have the money (yet!) to be a philanthropist? No worries. We want to connect you with both the Foundation and our community, no strings attached. Sign up here.
What This Group Is:
- A way for young professionals to connect with Community Foundation resources and information at no cost;
- A resource to stay informed on community issues; and
- An educational tool on philanthropy and how to be an engaged citizen.
What This Group Is Not:
- A networking group;
- A volunteer organization; or
- A fundraiser.
Want to Take it a Step Further?
We love happy hour. Don’t you? We’re going to host 4 (optional) events in the next year. You should come.
- September 2021 – An intro to the Community Foundation and our work
- December 2021 – What is philanthropy? Why does it work and how do you become a philanthropist?
- March 2022 – How to actually be informed and read data that already exists
- June 2022 – How to be an effective board member
All it takes is filling out this quick form to join our email list. That’s it. We hope you’ll connect with us and that together we can effect positive change for our area!